Happy leap day everyone, it is already time to share my February Favorites with you. I cannot believe how fast this month went. I have been so busy planning our wedding and trying to purchase a house. I hardly had any time to blog the month. This is an exciting time for us but it seems like there is always something we need to do. Hopefully once we close on the house things will settle down a little bit. In the midst of all the craziness I still managed to find a few favorite things for the month.
1| Benelli SBEII- Cinderelli, Cinderelli my beautiful new Benelli. The Super Black Eagle II shotgun is my new semi-automatic shotgun with an Ultra-reliable Inertia Driven system and ComforTech recoil reduction system. I purchased this gun specifically for my upcoming Nebraska snow goose hunt. Everyone I talked to recommended the SBEII and after some research decided it would be the best gun for me. I’ve only had a chance to shoot it one time so far, but I am completely in love. I feel like Ralphie from the Christmas Story when I talk about it. The only thing that it is missing is the compass in the stock.
Thank you to High Grade for special ordering it for me. If you are from western PA I would highly recommend this shop. They people were very friendly and the price was unmatched
2|First Lite Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket- I have been wanting some First Lite fusion gear for a while, although I was hesitant to order it since they currently do not have women’s outerwear. But when it went on sale I decided it was worth a try. Since I was ordering all mens wear I contacted Outdoor Allie, who works for First Lite, for sizing tips. She was very helpful in helping me choose a style that would be best for a women’s frame.
It is a little bit baggy on me but I can easily layer up for a better fit. I am in love with the pattern too. The fusion is great for all seasons which is one of main reasons I bought it.
PS. Allie’s just posted a video on her YouTube channel which she talks about the new women’s line coming out this year! So if you are thinking about purchasing some First Lite gear you might want to wait for that to launch.
3|First Lite North Branch Soft Shell Pant- I also purchased the First Lite Fusion pants to go with the jacket. I am excited to really put them too the test out in Nebraska on the snow goose hunt. They are a highly water resistant, wind proof, durable pant made from patented 37.5 Active Particle technology. Here is some information on the technology taken from the website.
- Proprietary water-tight zipper system provides complete thermal regulation and instant “call of nature” response.
- Designed and engineered to work within the First Lite layering system
- Integrated gaiter system protects ankles when post-holing through snow drifts or during quick stream crossings.
- Exclusive 37.5 fabric uses Active Particle Technology moving perspiration (your human signature) to the outside of the fabric where it is functionally neutralized.
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion.
- Tailored with biomechanically accurate shooter’s seat, knees and gaiters.
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting.
4| Life and Little Things Antler Studs– I am a total sucker for hunting inspired jewelry, accessories and fashion. When I came across these little antler studs I couldn’t resist. They came from the etsy shop Life and Little Things run by two sisters, Amanda and Bonnie. The two of them share a passion for life’s little things. Their motto is that the little things that can make us happy. The little things that allow us to set ourselves apart, to be unique. They hope to bring that piece of unique happiness to you via their shop. Check out their shop and give them a follow on instagram for cute jewelry trends, daily inspiration and more.
5| GoPro Hero 4 Session- This little guy was purchased to replace the original GoPro I bought Tom a few years ago. I wanted something small for traveling but also high quality. After doing some research I ended up going with the new session and here is why.
- It is 50% smaller and 40% lighter than other HERO4 cameras
- HERO4 Session is a rugged and waterproof camera that you can take down to 33’ (10m) without a separate housing.
- When the camera is mounted upside down, Auto Image Rotation automatically adjusts the capture orientation to right-side up so there’s no need to flip your footage in post-production.
- HERO4 Session is compatible with all GoPro mounts.
- HERO4 Session maximizes battery life by only using power when the camera is recording. It automatically powers off when not recording. This means you can capture a full day of photos and video clips or record up to 2 hours continuously on a full charge.
- HERO4 Session features two microphones: one on the front of the camera and one on the back. When you’re filming in windy conditions or during high-speed activities like motorsports, the camera automatically switches to the mic that’s best-suited for capturing optimal audio. The result? Reduced wind noise and enhanced audio capture—no matter what the conditions or activity.
- Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
So after reading all of that I determined that the session would be the best GoPro for hunting and fishing. I am just getting the hang of it so stay tuned for videos and footage from upcoming hunts.