Happy Friday everyone, I am excited to share my January Favorites with you. It seems to be a popular topic in the blogging community, so I thought i’d start my own monthly favorites collection. These can include food, fashion, hunting or whatever else I enjoyed over the month. The sky’s the limit. So without further ado, here are some things I have been loving this month.
1| Hide and Hunter Bag– These custom handmade purses have been on my radar for a while. I discovered the brand on instagram one day and i’ve been swooning over them ever since. I used my birthday as an excuse to email the designer to see what was available. Everything she had in stock was amazing. I choose to go with black (go figure) since it goes anything. I also ordered myself a Hide and Hunter camo hoodie. When the package arrived it was almost too pretty to unwrap. Fitting for this post since it was literally a brown paper package, tied up with string. Those are a few of my favorite things. Get it? I crack myself up. Anyways, the bag is stunning. More beautiful than I imagined it would be. I’ve received a ton of compliments each time I wear it out.
I asked the Hannah, owner/designer, of Hide and Hunter if she would give me some information on the Brand. Learning more about them made me like my bag even more. Here is what she had to say about her Company:
- Hide & Hunter was founded in 2014 by Hannah Christine after being inspired by her senior runway show at the University of Alabama
- The leather is sourced in person by Hannah to ensure not only a great quality product but an ethically sourced hide
- All bags are cut and assembled by hand
- Due to the handiwork involved in making the bags, every design varies, even just slightly, from the next. She believes her designs are a representation of her customers. Each is different and unique, no two are alike. That’s what makes the bags special.
- This last year they added clothing which has been very sucessful. Each tee, tank, and sweatshirt is examined closely to ensure a soft fabric that will maintain its shape and feel over time.
- What a lot of people don’t know that they donate a portion of their sales from certain products to a charity that rescues and houses women and children from the human trafficking industry. Which is totally amazing if you ask me.
2| Beauty Ignited Lipstick- I have posted several instagram photos of this lipstick brand. I’ll admit I’m a sucker for cute packaging. When I saw these lipsticks designed to resemble shotgun shells I had to order some. I wasn’t expecting to like them as much as I do. They are nice quality, the consistency is smooth and the colors are very pigmented. They remind me of Mac Cosmetic’s Matte lipsticks, but these are more affordable. They cost around $11 each, whereas Mac start around $20 each. My favorite shade is winey cowgirl followed by ruby revolver. If you are a fan of lipstick I would recommend giving them a try.
3| The Pizzeria Pronto – We were invited to a Party this month hosted by family friends. It was a build your own pizza night where this pizzeria was the star of the show. It changed the way I feel about homemade pizza forever! I do not actually own one yet, but I wanted to list it as a favorite because I am completely obsessed. We had a blast building the pizzas ourselves then watching them bake to perfection. I was told the key to great pizza is having an oven hotter than 500 degrees Fahrenheit. According to the website the Pizzeria Pronto can reach up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit! Be prepared for homemade pizza recipes when I get one of these bad boys.
4| The Little Red Book of Hunters Wisdom– This book given to me as a gift. I received this from my soon-to-be mother and father in law for Christmas. I cannot stress enough how much I enjoy this little book. It is full of quotes, insight and wisdom on hunting and sportsmen ship. It really comes in handy when I am struggling for a good caption. I just pull this little book out to find a good quote. I even purchased a copy for my friend Nicole, a fellow hunter, whom I thought would enjoy it.
5| Arrow Journal – This was gifted to me by my amazingly talented web designer, Sarah. I have been filling it up with ideas for the blog. Each time I use it I am reminded of her and all the work she did on making this blog so beautiful. I could not be happier with how it turned out. She purchased the journal here, but it is no longer available. I found a similar one on this website if anyone is interested.