This is hands down my favorite way to prepare fresh spring morels. It is simple yet so delicious and always a crowd pleaser. Fresh morels are the star of this recipe so it is something we get to enjoy only once a year, which makes it that much more enjoyable when we finally get to indulge.
Stuffed Morel Mushrooms
- 18-20 Large morel mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Ramps (or onion)
- 2 tablespoons Sherry
- 1 teaspoon Chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 cups Jumbo lump crabmeat
- to taste Salt & pepper
- to taste Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted add ramps or onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- While the onions cook melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a small dish. Using a brush lightly coat the morel mushrooms with the melted butter and place in muffin tin. Set aside.
- When the onions are translucent add the cooking sherry. Let the sherry reduce by half, about 5-7 mins.
- Once the sherry is reduced remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl add onions, parsley and breadcrumbs. Slowly incorporate the crabmeat and mix until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now it is mushroom stuffing time. Liberally stuff each mushroom with the filling. I use my pinky to push the stuff all the way to the bottom of the mushroom.
- Lightly brush some more melted butter over the mushrooms and sprinkle with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Put the mushrooms in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. They should be lightly toasted on the top and cooked all the way through.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool before serving. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!