Read the story behind this recipe: Rabbit Ravioli & Pheasant Soup
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 can (16oz) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups yellow summer squash (peeled, seeded, cubed)
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 12 oz cooked pheasant meat, cut into strips
Place cream in 2- quart heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat until cream begins to simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes, or until cream is reduced by half. Stir frequently with a whisk. Remove from heat, set aside.
Meanwhile, in a stockpot, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add pumpkin, onions and herbs cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Stir in cantaloupe and squash, blend in broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
With a food processor or blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in pheasant strips and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Serve soup with cream and top with fresh snipped chives.
Pair with: Rabbit Ravioli