Valentines Day has a way of sparking up my sweet tooth. I don’t know if its all the dove chocolate commercials or the fact that the grocery stores practically have red heart shaped boxes filled with junk in every single aisle. Whatever the reason, I felt like I deserved a little treat, after all the holiday is about Love, so why not love myself! This little smoothie I whipped up is so tasty you’d think you were throwin’ down a creamy milkshake. I promise you won’t miss all the added fat and you’ll still feel like you are indulging in a yummy treat. Happy “belated” Valentines Day! XO –Anna Lea
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (agave or honey would work too)
- 2 cups frozen spinach*
- 1 half frozen banana
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 packet The Daily Good by Aloha Dried Green Juice**
- 2-4 ice cubes
* I like to freeze my spinach when I get it from the store so it stays fresh longer, and it makes the smoothie extra smooth! If you wanted to use unfrozen spinach that works just fine.
**The Daily Good by Aloha Dried Green Juice
Blend all the ingredients together. Pour in a big glass, top with raspberries and enjoy!